Thursday, May 21, 2009

"Who You Belong To"

He is the first and the last, The Beginning and the End
He's the Keeper of creation And the Creator of all
He is the Architect of the universe And the Manager of all time
He always was, Always is, Always will be
Unmoved, Unchanged, Undefeated, And Never Undone
He was bruised but brought healing, He was pierced but eased pain
He was persecuted but brought freedom
He was dead and brings life He is risen to bring power
And He reigns to bring peace
The world can't understand Him, Armies can't defeat Him, Schools can't explain Him
And leaders, they can't ignore Him
Herod couldn't kill Him, Nero couldn't crush Him,
The "New Age" cannot replace Him And Oprah cannot explain Him away
He is light He is love He is longevity And He is the Lord
He is goodness and kindness and faithfulness And He is God
He is Holy and righteous an powerful and pure
His ways are right His word is eternal His will unchanging And His mind is on us
He is our Savior Our guide, our peace, our joy, our comfort, our Lord

I serve Him because:
His bond is love, His yoke is easy, His burden is light
And His Goal for us is abundant life
He's the wise Wisdom of the wise
Power of the powerful The Ancient of Days The Ruler of rulers Leader of leaders
His goal is a relationship with me
He'll never leave you, never forsake you
Never mislead you, never forget you, never overlook you
And never cancel your appointment in His appointment book
When you fall, He'll lift you up,When you fail, He'll forgive you
When your weak, He's strong,When your lost, He's your way
When you're afraid, He's your courage,When you stumble, He will steady you
When you're hurt, He's gonna heal you, When you're broken, He will mend you
When you're blind, He will lead you, When you're hungry, He will feed you
When you face trials, He's with you When I face persecution, He shields me
When I face loss, He will provide for me, And when we face death, He will carry us all home to meet Him
He is everything for everybody
Everywhere, every tome and every way, He is your God, and that....is Who You Belong To!

1 comment:

  1. I love this! I am going to print this out and post it on my bathroom mirror so I can read it every morning to remind myself Who I Belong To!

    MindyLou

    ReplyDelete