Sunday, July 26, 2009

Conversation Peace

I started a Bible study called Conversation Peace-The Power of Transformed Speech. I just wanted to share a few verses and thoughts that have really convicted me.

These are some descriptions of the power of the tongue:

Poison of vipers - Psalm 140:3
Deadly Arrow - Jeremiah 9:8
Snare - Proverbs 18:7
Scorching Fire - Proverbs 16:27
Lash or whip - Job 5:21

"So also the tongue is a small thing, but what enormous damage it can do. A great forest can be set on fire by one tiny spark. And the tongue is a flame of fire. It is full of wickedness, and poisons every part of the body.....and can turn our whole lives into a blazing flame of destruction and disaster. " James 3:5-6 The Living Bible

.....its all coming from the heart. The Bible says out of the over flow of the heart, the mouth speaks. (Mat 12:34) So what is in your heart? Are you storing up good in your heart? What are you spending time on? What are you listening to, watching, reading? What is even more convicting is that even though your speech is smooth like butter, your heart is what God sees. OUCH! I just couldn't help thinking about how my kids see me, what are they hearing from me. Dean too, how does the way I say things and what I say make him feel sometimes.

This scripture is what my prayer is for us all: "Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way of everlasting." Psalm 139:23-24

1 comment:

  1. That is one of my most favorite Scriptures.. So true! Lets speak life!! Love you sis!

    ReplyDelete