Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Small Town USA

I was raised in a "small town"! Every year since I was born until I was 18, I lived in Crosby, TX. I loved that I knew people everywhere I went. That there were still family owned businesses. That they held parade's and festivals of all kinds. That most friends I knew lived close, probably down the street, from their grandma or cousin. Well, I felt that way again this weekend. As I went to all the fun that Kingwood has to offer on the 4th of July. I knew people! My kids knew a bunch of kids in the parade and watching the parade. There were so many small family owned businesses in the parade and in Town Center at the festival. I love this feeling! I love the small town feel but I was never sure I would feel that here in Kingwood. It is a very tight knit community but it isn't exactly small.



Here are some pics from our day, and they are backwards.


Instead of fighting the crowd, we went tail gating in the Kingwood High School parking lot.(thanks jenna for the tip)


We ate and played games waiting for fireworks!




It was so fun! We had a huge group!



Friends can't be replaced.




Sportin' their USA pride.







Here are some shots from the parade.



So proud to be an American!




We met a few families at the parade~and we all have quite a few kids!


I am so grateful to live in this amazing country!



Don't forget to pray for our nation!




Happy 4th!
















No comments:

Post a Comment