Friday, March 5, 2010

I can't resist...

This salad!! My friend Chris made it a couple of times when our families hung out but I can't stop making it and eating it....so I thought y'all might like to know about this, and there is no sense in keeping secrets on good, healthy food and recipes.

1bag of spinach salad
1bag of dried cranberries
4 oz of blue cheese
1 cup of walnuts
Newman's Own light balsamic vinaigrette dressing!!!

mix it all and eat!

Chris adds bacon and uses candied pecans instead of walnuts. Both ways are yum!!! My way is probably a bit healthier. :) Let me know what ya think. I have had 2 bowls already today. :)

2 comments:

  1. Ok..this is really weird! I was just about to blog a salad too. One I can't stop eating. I was going to tell you about it on the phone today too. strange huh
    Hope your night with Mr Big was fun.
    Big red that is.
    :)
    buff

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this salad too! So yummy. I've been eating it at restaurants for years and starting make it at home not too long ago. I'm fairly certain its offical name, as far as named salads goes, is a WALDORF salad. Don't know if this has anything to do w/ the famous hotel or not, but I totally agree this salad is scrumptious! Eat a bowl for me too b/c don't have any candied pecans on hand to make one for myself!

    ReplyDelete