I know we all hear about this in other countries but you would never believe it is happening here! In Houston there are 250 brothel's. Brothel's are where they hold kids/teens that have been kidnapped and sold out as sex slaves. Yes, I am serious. They are everywhere!!
A friend of mine recently went to a conference about this and heard the in's and out's of it all. Most of these kids are taken from their country at around the age of 14, brought here with no visa, or any other identity so that they can't be tracked. Brothel's are mostly advertised under the name of a massage parlor or cantina. Please go to redeemedministries.com to get more info.
Our life group had the chance to help out a young girl who has just been rescued from human trafficking. She has gone through so much, I don't even know her whole story but I do know she was kidnapped and started prostituting at the age of 14. Redeemed Ministries has a program that girls go through to get back on their feet so they can have some what of a normal life. Anyway, she just got her own apartment and our Life Group had the privilege of buying lots of furnishings for it.
I really hope this brings some awareness, I know not a ton of people read this blog so spread the word!!
For more info please visit redeemedministries.com.
Hiya Moriah is Finally Here!
7 years ago
will do!
ReplyDeleteThanks Girl!!!
ReplyDelete