Friday, November 13, 2009

Resting In the Lord

Recently I have felt completely exhausted. Emotionally I just wanted to cry at the drop of a hat. Those of you who know me well know that I do not like crying.....at all. I do occasionally but I am just not a cryer. I have been praying that the Lord would give me rest and renew me. I started searching for scriptures that talked about rest. If we keep giving and pouring out to everyone in our lives but never run to the Lord for rest and rejuvenation we will crumble....

Here are some scriptures I found:

~Joshua 21:44a The Lord gave them rest on every side, just as he had sworn to their forefathers.
~Isaiah 32:18 My people will live in peaceful dwelling places, in secure homes, in undisturbed places of rest.

Here are a couple on what can prevent a person from entering God's rest:

~Hebrews 3:18-19 And whom did God swear that they would never enter his rest if not to those who disobeyed. So we see that they were not able to enter, because of their unbelief.
~Hebrews 4:6 It still remains that some will enter that rest, and those who formerly had the gospel preached to them did not go in, because of their disobedience.

I hoped this has helped some one other than me this week. Love y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment