I just wanted to share again, a little bit of what I have been reading in regards to praying for our children. This chapter was called, "Releasing My Child into God's Hands". You know sometimes we can be so overly concerned about everything in our kids lives. For example, being scared that someone might drop them when they are infants, that they may drown in the bathtub, that they might be bitten by a dog, or injured in a car accident. These are valid things to worry about but at some point we have to have more trust in God to take care of our kids when we simply can't. Our kids are a gift from Him and He cares about them way more than we do. (That statement blows me away because I know how much I love my kids.)
We don't want to limit what God can do in our children by clutching them to ourselves and trying to parent them alone. If we aren't sure that God is in control of our lives, then we can often parent out of fear.
We can't be everywhere. But God can. We can't see everything. But God can. We can't know everything. But God can. No matter how old our kids are, releasing them into God's hands is a sign of our faith and trust in Him. Praying for our children begins there.
Hiya Moriah is Finally Here!
7 years ago
i needed to be reminded of that!!
ReplyDeletebuff