I am referring to letting go a little when it comes to my kids. We have a rule in our house that our kids may not "sleep over" with a friend unless we have had dinner with their parents. That's it! (cause really, you never know these days, people are crazy) It's been our rule since ... forever. But, now, I have a 13 year old - who is longing for sweet friendships....so this weekend, I had to let go a little. He was invited to a friends birthday party, a slumber party. I have met the kids mom and Kade's friend a couple of times so I let him go. Thankfully, he got a cell phone for Christmas so I texted him a few times to check in. Everything went fine but until my little head hit my pillow and I was sound asleep, I couldn't stop thinking about the "what ifs".
There just comes a point when you have to trust God, really trust Him with your kids. It's so much harder to do than it sounds. He made them, He knows them better than you, loves them more, knows how many hairs are on their heads.... so I did it! (deep breath) I know He gave them to us to care for and we are pretty strict when it comes to who our kids log time with but this was one of those times when I knew I had to let go and let God.
Hiya Moriah is Finally Here!
7 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment