I participated in an event called Angel's of Light this week.
I just can't stop thinking about the family that I met.
A whole bunch of buses brought in people from different shelters around Houston to 2nd Baptist Church in Kingwood. They sat in the sanctuary with their families and had a hot meal and some great entertainment for probably the first time in a long time, or ever. There was a super funny comedian that at the end of his act, shared the sweet, simple message of Jesus with them. They had a chance to respond and make a decision to believe! And there were sooooooo many!!! So, I helped out, getting info from these people so that 2nd could give there info to a local church in their area. Nothing really prepared me for what I was about to hear....and see. I am sitting in a circle with a young lady to my left, a couple of young kids, a lady probably in her 30's, and a boy that was about 14, (all sitting in a circle). As they sat filling out their cards and as I asked them if they had any questions about Jesus or salvation or really anything, the younger girl to my left looked at me and said, "ma' am, I don't know the name of the shelter we are in now?" I think my jaw literally dropped! I told her it was ok, not to worry. My heart broke for her! Broke! I wanted to crawl under the chair and cry! I prayed with them all and encouraged them in the Lord as much as I could without breaking......
I am truly thankful and truly blessed beyond measure!
No comments:
Post a Comment