I don't know how many of you have heard of Angel Tree ministries but I had the opportunity to be involved in it this Christmas. It gives prisoners a chance to sign their kids up to receive gifts from them. A group of us were assigned a family, went out and bought presents for them and then we delivered the gifts to them. We had 4 year old twins, and a 16 year old.
I have to admit, this morning I was a little nervous and it was definitely out of my comfort zone. Me and a couple of other ladies met at church, loaded up our cars with gifts, and headed to this families house.
We introduced ourselves, and proceeded toward the living room where the twins were anxiously awaiting. We, of course, let them open their gifts, and told them that they were from their daddy. It was so cool. And their mom was so thankful. We sat and played and talked for over and hour!!
Then the phone rang and it was their DAD! I couldn't believe it. The kids were on the phone telling their dad thanks for the gifts and we were all full of smiles!! God's timing is perfect. I wanted to curl up and cry my eyes out BUT, we had more playing to do. :)
Toward the end of our visit we got to invite the family to church and pray with them. We told them that we wanted to share God's love with them and the greatest gift was Jesus. It was great!! They are coming to our Christmas Eve service. It was an experience I will never forget!
Hiya Moriah is Finally Here!
7 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment