My 6 year old is in tears over his 3rd smart slip in 1 1/2 months of school. I am scheduling a time to meet with his teacher as soon as I am done writing this. I can't believe that he hates his class, teacher, all of it! His slip says that he was being disruptive and silly. I asked him what he did and his response was that he didn't know....yeah, right? Then after 20 minutes, he spilled the beans - "Well, I kept talking and then my friend made a funny face so I laughed." Well, it was that funny I guess....."Then the teacher took me outside of the room to have a talk, she asked me why I was talking so much, but I couldn't answer because I ran out of words".
Then he told me how much he hates his class and his teacher. Then came the tears...."every time I am at school my tummy hurts and I don't know why I just keep getting in trouble."
What do I do??? I can either , home school him like I did the rest, tell him to toughen up, or pray with him and talk him through this. hmmmmmmmmmmm..............
Hiya Moriah is Finally Here!
7 years ago
Pray him through it... meet with the teacher and see what the real deal is. Awwww... I love my Ty Ty!
ReplyDeletePoor baby...I'll be praying for y'all!!
ReplyDeleteBridget, this breaks my heart. I couldn't imagine the sadness of knowing your child is unhappy at school. I'm sad for Ty. Are things better?
ReplyDeleteThanks for the prayers and yes, things are so much better. After meeting with his teacher and making a chart at home that he could put stars on for having a good day-he loves it now. His teacher moved him to a more advanced reading group which I guess is keeping him from getting bored and goofing off. So YEAH!
ReplyDelete